Arts & Culture
- Participate in the city of Aurora’s GlobalFest with Ethiopian and Korean cultural showcases.
- Launch A Mosaic of Cultures: Aurora’s Ethiopian Communities, a collaborative exhibit with the Aurora History Museum highlighting Aurora’s Ethiopian-born communities. Accompanying the summer-long exhibit will be a series of events showcasing the culture, traditions and history of Aurora Ethiopians.
- Fund and plan future exhibits with the Aurora History Museum aimed at showcasing other diaspora communities living and working in Aurora (2016-2021).
- Grow partnerships with other local cultural organizations to improve international arts and culture offerings throughout the city of Aurora and the Metropolitan area.
- Launch a micro-grant program to increase arts and culture offerings in Aurora.
Business & Trade
- Plan and implement reciprocal trade and tourism missions with our South Korean partners in Seongnam City, Republic of Korea.
- Pursue two to four new friendship cities, with strategic focus aimed at business and trade prospects.
- Grow trade missions for the city of Aurora and Aurora businesses.
Education & Civic Engagement
- Launching Global Youth Leaders camp summer 2017
- Facilitate a collaboration between medical and public health school partners in Aurora and Adama, Ethiopia.
- Plan and execute an English language instruction consulting mission to Adama, Ethiopia.
- Launch the pan-Ethiopian library project.
- Launch a global youth leadership program.
International Development & Humanitarian Aid
- Launch with our partner Project C.U.R.E. The Hospital Help for Adama medical supply drive.
- Pursue a water project aimed at helping partners in Adama, Ethiopia improve their water infrastructure by 2018.
Global Youth Leaders
Want to grow your leadership skills? Want to begin building your resume for college or the workforce? Do topics like foreign languages, travel, global business, immigration, or international diplomacy interest you? If any of these describe you, please consider joining Aurora Sister Cities International this summer for our global youth leadership camp. We’ll take you on a fun and exciting journey as you build the skills you need to be a leader in our increasingly global and ever-changing world! Future travel and leadership opportunities may be available to students who complete Global Youth Leaders. Learn more!